6 things to know 6 hours before the first pitch against Bridgeport

Macky Dailey, Co-Sports Editor
March 26, 2013
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

“Win or lose, we will leave it all on the field giving 100 percent until the last out and have each others' backs no matter what takes place.” – Senior Erik Elder, varsity “We sit down on the bus and ponder how each of us, as individual feathers, combine to make one soaring... Read more »

300 words: Carissa Henderson

300 words: Carissa Henderson

Macky Dailey, Co-Sports Editor
March 22, 2013
Filed under Feature, Top Stories

After school, junior Carissa Henderson is enveloped in the swirling aroma of coffee beans, vanilla, and baked goods. Since October 9, 2012 she has enjoyed her job at Starbucks. ​“I have always wanted to work there, ever since seventh grade,” Henderson said. “I liked the vibe.” ​Currently,... Read more »

The thrill of the chase: student pursues future passion

Macky Dailey, Co-Sports Editor
March 1, 2013
Filed under Feature, Top Stories

Before a crack of thunder, a gust of wind, or even a drop of rain, senior Chris Barrows is on the look out. He is an aspiring meteorologist. When Barrows was 6 years old, his passion for weather was sparked. His dad took a meteorology class in high school and taught Barrows about it; but his true... Read more »

Softball prepares for upcoming season

Softball prepares for upcoming season

Macky Dailey, Co- Sports Editor
January 29, 2013
Filed under Sports, Sports News, Top Stories

The cool crisp air, the smell of fresh cut grass, and dew on the ground; it’s softball season and the girls are ready to play ball. Last season the softball team had to start from scratch when six seniors and a coach left the team the previous year. In addition, the team had to adjust to two new... Read more »

Students participate in county hockey league

Macky Dailey, Co- Sports Editor
December 21, 2012
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

A deep breath in, they exhale, pick up their hockey sticks, and they’re ready to roll. Hockey may not gain the same publicity that other sports in the county have, but the players are just as serious about it. “I would describe hockey as aggressive because you have to be aggressive to win,”... Read more »

5 things you should know before the basketball game

Macky Dailey, Co- Sports Editor
November 19, 2012
Filed under Sports

“I’m going to dunk it.” –Jared Durdon, senior, varsity post “We’re going to hoop.” –Taylor Clayton, junior, varsity point guard “We’re going to go ham like a sandwich with pepper jack cheese on it and the cheese represents how on fire we’re... Read more »

Volleyball sets new standards

Volleyball sets new standards

Macky Dailey, Co- Sports Editor
November 16, 2012
Filed under News, Sports

Coming off a year in which they reached the regional quarterfinals, the varsity volleyball team knew this season would be something special too. They lost five seniors, but gained a new group that was just as successful. The team is young but by no means inexperienced. The team has never won two tournaments... Read more »

12 things you should know 12 hours before homecoming

Macky Dailey, Co- Sports Editor
October 19, 2012
Filed under Sports, Sports Feature, Top Stories

“Bring an umbrella because it might rain like last year.” –junior, Wade Laughlin, varsity football player “We listen to Johnny Cash.” –senior, Trenton Pettigrew, varsity football player “Krum is undefeated.” –Coach Vrba “I usually listen... Read more »